this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
We are looking for highly skilled and experienced Technical Support Engineer to provide 3rd line technical and product support for our cloud-based suite of SaaS products and solutions across various corporate and enterprise sectors.
We are passionate about our solutions, our people and what we bring to market and we are looking for candidates that share this vision and have a keen appetite to be involved in what we are doing within the communication space, delivering challenging cutting-edge web and mobile solutions.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will play a vital role in contributing to our existing team offerings, including: –
• Taking ownership of issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
• Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
• Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
Your responsibilities will include resolving network issues, working apart of the team to maintain our tech stack and ensure we adhere to our SLA’s, troubleshooting application related problems which will include writing advanced SQL queries and escalating through appropriate channels.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
· Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
· Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
· Track issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
· Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
· Provide prompt and accurate feedback to relevant stakeholders
· Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
· Ensure all issues are properly logged
· Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
· Follow up with relevant stakeholders to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
· Document and update technical knowledge base
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
· Completed Matric
· Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Database administrator, DevOps engineer or similar role
• Strong Relational Database and T-SQL scripting experience (working with large transactional datasets)
• Microsoft SQL DB experience and advanced concepts highly beneficial
• Proven experience within Linux O/S and Microsoft O/S technologies
• Strong console and scripting skills (bash, python, PowerShell) highly beneficial
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
• Problem solving ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
• Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, AWS or similar technologies is a plus
Our client in the food industry is looking for an Assistant Manager to be based in East London.
- 4 Years relevant working experience (Retail experience preferred)
- Drivers Licence
- Own vehicle
- Able to work retail hours
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You are welcome to call our offices for more information on 011 518 4600
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.
My Client is looking for an experienced senior Front-end developer? with more than 3 years’ experience, to work on a broad range of exciting current and new projects for their clients and partners in the fields of media, communication and education.??
As a successful candidate you would be:
- Directly involved in creating high-performance, scalable web products on various platforms and frameworks, as well as mentoring junior developers in the team.
- Actively contribute to ideation, strategy, implementation and iteration of features and functionality for the other division of the company.
- Uphold our values of service, quality, maintainability, design and iteration in a teaching and learning environment.
- Be accountable for creating and maintaining world class applications.
You will need:
- Angular and AngularJS
- Knowledge of web infrastructure and architecture
- 3rd-party APIs
- Communicating with web services using JSON/XML
- UX/UI Design
- Site profiling, benchmarking and performance optimization
- Working in a DevOps environment
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.
Maintain and Build sales relationships with clients and generate leads to ensure that the financial targets are met with minimal errors and ensuring personal growth is achieved, whilst promoting the Brand.
Undergraduate Degree in Finance/Accounting or related
6 years’ experience in a sales position with a Financial Background
Ability to understand and analyse Financials
Persuasive and influential personality
Asset Management Experience
Driver’s License: Code 08 and own reliable transport
– Exceptional communication both written and spoken
– Project management
– Creative approach to work
– Ability to accept responsibility
– Relationship Management
– Solution Management
– Financial Analyse
– Detail and Deadline oriented
– Ability to work without supervision
– Excellent Time Management Skills
– Ability to work within a team
Manage and Maintain pipeline reports required by Divisional Head/Sales Manager
Ensure that five (5) new clients/supplier meetings are set-up per week and/or ensure effective maintenance of key accounts within BDO portfolio.
Ensure that six (6) new clients/suppliers are brought on board bi-annually by means of cold calling and lead generating.
Build PAC list to phone every week, through CRM and Networking, IT Web, Matrix, expos, existing suppliers
Establish comprehensive clients/suppliers list who the company would want on board so we can get them as a customer who regularly uses our services
Update and Manage CRM and/or key accounts to ensure there is no duplication with any other BDO with regards to contacting clients/suppliers
Measure the quality of submissions of business & credit deals to credit and /or PCC (pending and declined) – feedback from credit monthly on quality of deals by keeping an asset register
Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) has an exciting opportunity in our Warehouse department. We are looking for talented individual with relevant skills and experience for a Warehouse Operator Sunday / Warehouse Operator role, which is based in Bloemfontein.The successful candidate will report directly to the Team Leader: Warehouse in Bloemfontein.Key Purpose:To execute the activities within the warehouse according to the issued plan within the required operational efficiency standards.
WRAP | Govt will use cell phone numbers to trace people with Covid-19, police arrest 2 289 for violating regulations, ‘too early’ too say whether lockdown will last beyond 21 days
Cabinet ministers held another briefing on Thursday evening.
Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (Cogta), Nkosasana Dlamini-Zuma, has announced a raft of changes to lockdown regulations, including people being allowed to cross provinces to attend funerals.
She said it is “too early” for the government to say whether the lockdown will continue past 21 days.
The minister has also clarified that all spaza shops can stay open, and has now allowed informal food sellers to remain open throughout the lockdown.
She said in a briefing on Thursday evening that people who want to attend funerals in other provinces must obtain a permit from a magistrate or a station commander at a police station. People travelling for funerals will also be allowed to stay in lodges or hotels.
She clarified that funerals still have a 50-person limit, but gravediggers and undertakers do not count in this number. She said night vigils are still not allowed.
Dlamini-Zuma further announced that the government will now be tracing people who are positive with coronavirus via their cell phone numbers. This is to allow the medical staff to pinpoint who that person may have come into contact with.
Adjustments to the regulations make it compulsory for medical staff to take essential information from everyone tested for Covid-19, including names, ID numbers and contact information.
Police Minister Bheki Cele said police have arrested 2 289 people since the start of the lockdown for violating regulations. He warned that there are 24 389 law enforcement officers on the streets.
Cele clarified that no cigarettes can be sold, and knocked down the Western Cape government saying on Thursday that vendors would be allowed to sell cigarettes.
Home Affairs Minister Aaron Motsoaledi said fuel cargo and other goods will now be allowed to come into the country. Previously, only essential goods were allowed.
He said South Africans stuck abroad are allowed to return now, and likewise foreign nationals stuck in South Africa can go back to their countries.
Minister of Human Settlements, Water and Sanitation, Lindiwe Sisiulu, said government has centralised all water service delivery via command service. This is the place where people can call for water queries. The command centre is situated in Johannesburg.
When most people think of the new coronavirus, they imagine symptoms such as a dry cough and high fever. But new research out of China shows that a minority of cases appear with gastrointestinal symptoms only.
In about one-quarter of patients in the new study, diarrhoea and other digestive symptoms were the only symptoms seen in mild Covid-19 cases, and those patients sought medical care later than those with respiratory symptoms.
“Failure to recognise these patients early and often may lead to unwitting spread of the disease among outpatients with mild illness, who remain undiagnosed and unaware of their potential to infect others,” said a team from Union Hospital and Tongji Medical College in Wuhan, China, the original epicentre of the coronavirus pandemic.
“The data in this study highlight the presence and features of this important subgroup of Covid-19 patients and should be confirmed in larger international studies,” the researchers concluded.
Virus throws a curveball
One US expert agreed.
“We are only now learning the varied spectrum of symptoms for patients who present with Covid-19,” said Dr Robert Glatter, an emergency medicine physician at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City.
“This virus has thrown a curveball at us, as we now realise that gastrointestinal symptoms may be the initial signs of the disease, even without cough, fever, or difficulty breathing,” he said. “The good news is that the majority of patients with gastrointestinal symptoms typically have mild disease.”
In the new study, the research team tracked data from 206 patients with mild Covid-19. Nearly one-quarter (48) had digestive symptoms only, 69 displayed both digestive and respiratory symptoms, and 89 had respiratory symptoms only.
Of the patients with digestive symptoms, 67 had diarrhoea, the study found. Of those, about one in five had diarrhoea as the first symptom in the course of their illness.
Patients with digestive symptoms ill for longer
Diarrhoea lasted between one to 14 days, with an average duration of more than five days and a frequency of about four bowel movements a day.
About one-third of patients with a digestive symptom did not have a fever, the investigators found.
Patients with digestive symptoms took longer to seek medical care than those with respiratory symptoms (16 days versus 11 days), a finding that was consistent with previous research.
The new study also found that patients with digestive symptoms had a longer total time between the start of symptoms and being clear of the coronavirus, were more likely to have coronavirus in their faeces (73% versus 14%), and were ill longer than those with respiratory symptoms.
The study was recently published online in the American Journal of Gastroenterology.
Study considered ‘vital’
The Chinese team stressed that of course there are many illnesses circulating in the community that can trigger gastrointestinal symptoms, “and most instances of new-onset diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, or low appetite are not from Covid-19.”
Still, “clinicians should recognise that new-onset, acute digestive symptoms in a patient with a possible Covid-19 contact should at least prompt consideration of the illness,” the researchers explained.
Dr Brennan Spiegel is co-editor-in-chief of the journal. He called the study “vital because it represents the 80% or more of patients who do not have severe or critical disease. This is about the more common scenario of people in the community struggling to figure out if they might have Covid-19 because of new-onset diarrhoea, nausea, or vomiting.”
“It’s vital to recognise this key aspect of how the disease presents, since it can trigger the need for self-quarantine,” he said.
Image credit: Kolar IO, Unsplash
Lloyd Burnard – Sport24
One of the most iconic venues in South African rugby history, Newlands is threatening to limp towards the finish line.
The stadium, which boasts a stunning 130-year history, is in its final season before a likely demolition and an almost certain move to Cape Town Stadium for Western Province and the Stormers.
Super Rugby 2020 represented one final opportunity for the Stormers and Cape Town to say goodbye to the stadium coach John Dobson calls the “great old lady of South African rugby.”
Before the start of the season, Dobson and the Stormers were using Newlands as their primary motivation. They wanted to go the distance in Super Rugby to pay their respects to the people that have occupied the Newlands seats for decades.
“There is going to be a lot of emotion for them, but it has to work in our favour,” Dobson said at the time.
“We absolutely love Newlands. There is only one real way to say farewell.”
Now, after just seven rounds of fixtures, Super Rugby 2020 could be done and dusted as the coronavirus crisis leaves the sporting world in limbo.
Dobson and his players remain hopeful that they will get back on the park – Super Rugby 2020 would likely start from scratch in a shortened format if that was the case – but Newlands standing empty in its final season is causing the franchise some concern.
“It is a source of anxiety for us,” Dobson acknowledged on Wednesday.
“With the Currie Cup format as it was published, we play the Sharks, Griquas and Cheetahs at home in that Currie Cup format. It’s not a great way to say goodbye to Newlands.
“The Newlands fizzle is a source of concern.”
If Super Rugby is completely scrapped, then the 2020 edition of the Currie Cup could be the next domestic rugby South Africans have.
One positive spin-off could potentially be the public, who would have been starved of sport for months, attending matches again.
“If we did get back on the field in a month or two, I would think there would have to be something around Super Rugby just because of the rights and sponsors. After that I think you could play a brilliant Currie Cup,” Dobson said.
“I think the most important thing for rugby is to reset and use this time to put people back in the stadium.
“Currie Cup, if the Springboks are playing and given the absence of rugby, could work.
“I know SA Rugby have task teams and it’s being worked on, but I think it’s important for the national psyche once there is some kind of normality that, if you can, get guys in closed stadiums who have isolated before in a safe environment.
“It would be great for the people to have something to look forward to on a Saturday.”
Kick-start your career in the online gaming world and experience the very latest in technology and innovation.
Purpose of the role
A member of our DevOps team needs to work closely with development and infrastructure to ensure fast and reliable continuous integration and to help facilitate the move to the cloud. DevOps is part of the technology department and as such it is expected that a candidate has a passion for technology and is always seeking to increase their knowledge and skills.
You will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the design of systems and architecture
- Assess the businesses cloud maturity, review existing Azure cloud implementations, identify gaps and suggest improvements
- Ability to provide leadership and accountability for work they undertake and articulate their thoughts
- Comfortable with fast changing and dynamic environments
- Able to take on ideas and feedback from other technical experts as well as the business
- Research new technologies to implement within the DevOps environment to improve the process of code deployment to our environments, seek out in-efficiencies and match relevant technology solutions to resolve them.
- Follow a source control culture within the configuration of Servers and Applications where environments configurations are stored in code for a fully automated process.
- Form part of 24/7 support roster to support applications after hours, where possibly train the other DevOps team members to resolve issues and reduce the dependency on yourself or other Tech team’s afterhours.
- Take part in daily stand-ups with your assigned Dev teams to both receive work as well as supply updates and provide input with respect to design, monitoring, deployment, resource and security requirements.
- Sit in Development meetings at project inception to ensure standards set by DevOps are maintained, especially with respect to logging and monitoring of application health, compatibility with infrastructure design, security requirements and compliance and best practices.
- Maintain knowledge of the inner workings of all applications within your relative portfolio, ensuring that all system dependencies are documented.
You will have:
- The ability to learn and master new technologies rapidly. As technology changes, you will be required to move with the times and become a master in your own right. You’ll need to be a self-starter, not always relying on official / scheduled training. We need someone who loves learning, and who is able to teach themselves.
- Significant experience using Azure Technologies, including (but not limited to):
- Azure DevOps (VSTS) – designing and implementing release processes for development teams
- AppInsights and Azure Monitor – significant experience troubleshooting applications (PaaS, SaaS, etc) using AppInsights and Log Analytics. Familiarity with writing queries using Kusto query to determine root cause of outages / problems.
- Azure Functions / Durable Functions / PaaS / SaaS – familiarity (or experience with) building functions / apps with native Azure technologies. (Note: you don’t need to be a developer, just understand how Azure works, how the technology fits together, and how to troubleshoot these apps when they break)
- Cost Management and Usage – experience in creating billing and usage scopes that can be used to easy alert on changes in usages and alert if there are significant changes in both usage and cost.
- Azure Policy’s – experience in creating policies for an Azure environment to conform to regulations and best practices.
- Azure Container (including Kubernetes service) – experience in building container services to host and manage new or legacy systems.
- History of successful implementation of complex Azure or hybrid cloud architecture solutions, using the following Azure technologies…PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, Azure Websites, API Apps, Azure SQL, etc
- Expert knowledge in private, public and hybrid cloud architecture, networking, workload types, migration patterns and tools
- Familiarity with .NET/C# development
- Excellent PowerShell scripting skills
- Excellent experience in building CI/CD pipelines using automation tools (Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Git, etc). Able to build/manage a pipeline from start to finish
- Using ARM templates to automate Microsoft Azure
- Experience with containerization principles and frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in using coding/scripting to automate/reduce time taken to complete manual tasks.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies and DevOps principles
- A background within Development.
It would be a bonus if you also had:
- Previous experience in 24/7 High Performance Environment.
- Proven hands on experience with Windows Server / Linux and its product suite.
- Experience of automation tools such as Chef
- Experience with load balancers such as F5
- Knowledge of Azure SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Web and Application hosting environments (IIS, Windows Services or Nginx)
- Knowledge of logging technologies such as LogStash, Kibana, ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Solarwinds
- Passionate about technology
- Ability to communicate on all levels, technical and non-technical
- Team Oriented
- Takes ownership of their work and has exceptional attention to detail
- Patient and calm under pressure
- Perseverance and the ability to drive issue resolution and projects through to completion
- Continually strives to improve both their work and their personal knowledge
- Self-motivated and content to work both individually and on team projects.
- Articulate and able to communicate technical detail to both peers and non-technical stakeholders
- Personable with the ability to handle stressful situations
- Technical creativity and the ability to envision future solutions
This position requires trust and honesty it has access to customers financial details – therefore a credit and criminal record check will be conducted. The qualifications identified herein are an inherent job requirement; therefore, a qualification verification check will be done. By applying for this role, and supplying the necessary details, you hereby grant us permission to apply for these checks. This will be done in a confidential manner, and solely for the purposes of verification.
To view all current vacancies, please visit our website, www.digioutsource.com
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
The perfect place to work, play and grow!
Posted on 02 Apr 18:32
Get job alerts for Engineer jobs
- Intermediate Microsoft Server Engineer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Microsoft Server Engineer, Cape town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior Java Engineers – Java/C#, Cape Town, Century City, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Android/iOS Mobile Application Engineer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- DevOps Engineer, Cape Town, Durbanville, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- DevOps Engineer, Cape Town, Durbanvile, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Mid-Level Software Engineer, Cape Town, Century City, Milnerton, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior DevOps Engineer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- DevOps Engineer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Mid-Level Software Engineers, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Data Engineer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Data Engineer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
We bring what you need together in one site. No mess no fuss just what you need.