|R55000 – R70000 per month Cost to company
One of the coolest, upcoming creative agencies in Jozi is hiring a GM! We are searching for a decisive advertising manager to oversee operations and direct advertising staff in developing unique campaigns.
- Supervise and work with other employees, establish project goals, and monitor, approve, and evaluate a project’s status and impact.
- Overseeing advertising department operations and staff members.
- Working with staff members, clients to establish and meet project goals, budgets, and timelines.
- Provide operational direction and leadership to establish and maintain a culture of teamwork, achievement, accountability and outcome focus.
- Managing and leading a team which is diverse in its skills base and in the services it provides, ranging from high level marketing and advertising services to brand assets
- Develop, foster and maintain strategic working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Developing advertising strategies to increase buyer interest in products or services.
- Scan for marketing opportunity and participate in tenders to attract high value agency projects.
- Lead agency pitches to prospective clients and grow agency top line revenue.
- Monitoring project progress, from planning to execution, to ensure it remains focused and effective.
- Participate as a key leader in launch team not just from communications perspective. Understand marketing strategies relating to sales, business case for model/trip penetrations, distribution and retail incentive strategies
- Manage development of competitive insights and consumer insights
- Be the advocate for the brand work with team members to provide clarity and focus on messaging, target and positioning.
- Negotiating contract specifications and terms with clients or other external parties.
- Initiating and directing research efforts.
- Applying a high degree of analytical, creative reasoning, negotiation and interpersonal skills in dealing with a range of complex projects associated with the development of the global marketing strategies and campaigns of the brands in the agency
- Keeping abreast of relevant industry trends, tools, marketing programs and legislative requirements.
- Manage service providers, suppliers and onsite requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, or a related field.
- A minimum of five to seven years’ experience in a relevant field; management experience may be preferred.
- Understanding of design and marketing principles and techniques.
- Ability to develop strategies based on industry trends and developments.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills, especially when working with multiple projects or teams.
- Excellent management, negotiation, listening, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Decisiveness and strong problem-solving skills, especially under pressure.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships.
- Solid sales and presentation skills.
Posted on 10 Mar 09:22
- The winner of a R51 million Lotto bonanza is still in shock over his good fortune.
- Nobody in the family knows yet that he has won millions
- He has not yet spent a cent and is focusing on “cooling down first”.
The winner of a R51 million lottery bonanza is still in shock.
“I am just going to cool down,” he told News24 on condition of anonymity.
He seemed hesitant to even mouth the words “R51 mil” when asked what the winning ticket for the PowerBall yielded.
“I was so nervous. But now the nervousness is coming down.”
He did not expect the nerves that would come with actually winning after standing in the queue to play a modest few lines in Polokwane every week.
The R30 with his chosen numbers bought at a supermarket brought unimagined good fortune, and his biggest worry now is being taken advantage of.
However, national lottery operator Ithuba offers trauma counselling to assist with this unexpected sense of shock, and how to navigate profoundly changed fortunes.
The winner is still going to work, and plans to break the news to family this weekend.
Not yet sure whether he would stop working for the moment, he is, however, planning repairs to his widowed mother’s house, and to build his own.
Asked what the first purchase with the big win was, there was a chuckle, and the simple reply: “Nothing!”
“I need to think. I need to calm down,” he said.
In a statement from Ithuba, the winner said: “I wanted to study for a qualification in social work after my matric, but unfortunately there was no money to send me to school so I had to look for a job so that I could help my family.”
The plan is now to get this qualification.
“Winning this money does not mean that I must abandon my dream qualification – it was never just about me. It has always bothered me to see young children suffer in my neighborhood. Their parents receive social grants for them but end up just wasting the money on their own wants.
“I want to be able to offer effective and sustainable assistance to my community, and getting the social work qualification will help me do just that.”
In the meantime, he was treated to a steak dinner on Monday night to celebrate.Ithuba’s group CEO, Charmaine Mabuza, congratulated the winner in a statement saying: “This money could not have gone to a more deserving person. We need more people to pay it forward by going back to their communities and initiate practical assistance.”
South African Police Service. Photo from Gallo Images. Brenton Geach
- The 2021 training of new SAPS recruits has been halted due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- About 7 000 recruits were expected to join the police service this year.
- SAPS received more than 500 000 applications, but also warned against fake recruitment adverts.
About 7 000 new SAPS recruits have not reported to academies because of Covid-19 restrictions.
Police management is expected to announce when training will begin.
About 7 000 unemployed young people, recruited from 1 154 police stations, were expected to have joined police training in January.
Police spokesperson Colonel Athlenda Mathe said the recruitment process was at an advanced stage.
Mathe said recruits were expected to undergo rigorous training to determine their eligibility to serve as police officers.
Mathe said it was impossible for training to begin due to Covid-19 challenges, such as social distancing, and restrictions and/or limitations of large gatherings.
“The basic training of new recruits involves extensive physical contact and, with the current Covid-19 restrictions in place, it will not be possible in the current climate to subject new recruits to a basic training curriculum without increasing the risk of exposing them to the virus.
“… communication pertaining to the recruitment process was addressed in March and July 2020, where it was announced that the SAPS 2020 police trainee intake was suspended until further notice,” said Mathe.
“Re-registered and prospective applicants for the SAPS Basic Police Learning Development Programme are urged to exercise patience during these challenging times. Applicants are encouraged to keep in contact with their relevant recruitment offices to enquire on any further pronouncements,” Mathe said.
Mathe added that SAPS had received in excess of half a million applications and it would not have been possible to inform each applicant individually about the decision to suspend the process.
“While SAPS is exploring and relooking at a number of ways of ensuring that service delivery and the capacitation of staffing levels continue at all service points, members of the public are warned against several hoax messages containing job listing adverts.
“Members of the public and potential employment seekers are urged to be extra vigilant and not fall prey to any scam of this nature. It should also be noted that employment at SAPS is not for sale,” Mathe said.
Jake White during the Currie Cup final between Bulls and Sharks.
(Lee Warren/Gallo Images)
- Jaded local rugby supporters might have to stomach another month of derbies before the Rainbow Cup provides some different opposition for local franchises.
- Bulls mentor Jake White raised that possibility, predominantly because international travel restrictions would make the planned format virtually impossible.
- Should the four SA franchises be based in a bio-bubble in order to fulfil their overseas fixtures, it would suit the Springboks’ planning if the Lions tour takes place in the UK.
Local rugby supporters who were hoping for the Rainbow Cup to provide some variety to the South African calendar will possibly have to wait another two months for that to happen.
Jake White, the Bulls’ director of rugby, provided that stark reminder following a question over whether local franchises have been given further clarity over details of the competition.
Developed as an appetiser for next season’s inaugural PRO16 and announced back in December, the Rainbow Cup has no itinerary yet though SA Rugby previously announced that it would run between 17 April and 19 June, with South African team travelling for three-match tours and the existing PRO14 teams jetting to Africa too.
But the picture has changed dramatically since then, with both regions hampered by the Covid-19 pandemic and it’s dramatic disruption of international travel.
As a result, White believes the Bulls and their counterparts would have to first play against each other again before travelling together and basing themselves in a bio-secure environment, reportedly the British island of Jersey, to face their overseas opponents.
However, that would mean jaded fans would’ve been exposed to six months of rugby that’s just featured local teams.
“Of course, nothing’s been finalised yet,” said White.
“Personally, we’re working back from the British & Irish Lions series. If you assume that the tour will take place in the UK, you must base your planning on that series starting in July.
“If you consult the English Premiership’s fixtures, you can work out when their play-offs are going to commence and only after that can the Lions actually start training.”
Indeed, England’s domestic league’s round-robin fixtures only conclude on 12 June, suggesting Lions mentor, Warren Gatland, can only bank on those players being available at the end of that month.
“That means something must happen between now and July, particularly if the Springboks are going to be prepared for the series,” said White.
“The only way (the Rainbow Cup) can work is that we will have to play against each other here, and then we must go overseas and play against a few teams there to get some game time.
“Then, after that tournament – maybe three, four, five weeks – maybe there will be a semi-final and final. That takes us to the end of May or early June, and by that time, it’s finished.
“Then it’s two or three weeks of preparation for the Boks, and then the Lions tour starts.”
Such an arrangement would fit in well with the Springboks’ plans, who would already have completed the necessary safety regulations to play in the UK should the Lions battle be shifted to the region.
There has been no indication of when the fixtures for the Rainbow Cup would be announced, but a decision on the Lions tour is expected at the end of the month.
One of South Africa’s leading financial services providers with a listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange is looking to employ the talents of a Windows Server Systems Administrator.
This Windows Wizard will need to handle the management of the Windows Server Engineers and environment ensuring optimal server performance and system availability. Leadership is required for this role as they will assume responsibility for the strategy, planning, operational support and delivery of Windows Server technologies for this service providers enterprise.
Looking for new challenges and growth in today’s competitive marketplace can be hard. Do not Miss out on this opportunity. Apply Now!
- Relevant Microsoft Server certifications
- Cloud experience, certifications and knowledge (Advantageous)
- Security experience, certifications and knowledge on Windows server platforms (Advantageous)
- ITIL (Advantageous)
- Relevant tertiary qualification will be advantageous.
- 7 years Windows server operating systems experience
- 4 – 6 years team management experience
- Storage and Network experience in context of operating systems
- RACI and RCA experience for P1/P2 incidents
- Disaster Recovery Experience
- Project Management skills to oversee the implementation of projects.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting system level problems including server failure, OS and network connectivity into Server environment.
- Broad understanding (Compute, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud, Networking, Laas Etc.)
- Responsible for management of Microsoft server system environment (2500+)
- Direct & develop the team towards deep engineering on well architected frameworks focusing on stability, security, performance & automation of operations and management of the environment.
- Direct & develop strategy toward architecture and design of server environment within private and public cloud environments.
- Ensure all Windows Server environments are being properly monitored, secured, patched, and backed up.
- Evaluate and recommend tools for best management of Server environment.
- Project Management for design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of Systems.
- Work closely with Applications Team & business units for capacity planning of compute and storage environments.
- Manage the disaster recovery leveraging multiple Data Centres and Cloud.
Reference Number for this position is NN52480 which is a permanent position based in Centurion offering a cost to company salary of R1.3m per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nigel on target=”_blank or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 09 Mar 16:51
|Employment Equity position
Human resources division
Human resources practitioner
Purpose: The incumbent will be required to manage the delivery of a strategy-aligned, comprehensive, pro-active, and integrated HR advisory service with a focus on staff matters in the allocated environment.
Strategic workforce planning:
- Co-developing a client specific staff plan to improve staff retention, succession planning and the improvement of staff mobility;
- Monitoring the Employment Equity (EE) plan within the environment;
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the client base through continuous engagement;
- Recruiting and advising on sourcing high calibre candidates to fulfil strategic requirements;
- Ensuring accuracy of the appointment process in terms of the Labour Legislation, Code for Employment Equity and Diversity, Personnel Plan, HR Policies, Guidelines and Procedures;
- Executing the full employment process, from recruitment and selection, up to the final placing, including handling appointment-related administration, the onboarding and offboarding process.
- Providing HR statistics to identify trends in the environment;
- Monitoring and quality assurance of HR processes and procedures in line with auditing requirements;
- Providing relevant information in terms of Labour Legislation, Code for Employment Equity and Diversity, Personnel Plan, HR Policies, Guidelines and Procedures to line managers and staff;
- Continuously communicating key HR decisions and deadlines to ensure consistent service delivery;
- Providing advisory support regarding change management processes.
Client engagement, service delivery and relationship management:
- Developing and building effective relationships with stakeholders to encourage integration of HR best practices into planning and operation;
- Pro-actively developing relationships with relevant HR functional areas (e.g. remuneration and benefits, sun-e-HR, employee relations, wellness, training and development, etc.) and HR colleagues;
- Regularly communicating on HR service offerings;
- Developing improved service delivery mechanisms in the context of a changing environment when needed.
Ad hoc duties:
- Successfully completing project goals as agreed upon;
- Performing ad hoc tasks relating to Human Resources administration.
- At least a three-year qualification in human resources;
- At least five years’ experience in HR as an HR generalist;
- Knowledge of Human Resource remuneration budgets;
- The ability to understand the expectations of the environments;
- The essential drive and enthusiasm to align policy and business requirements;
- Knowledge of labour legislation and human resource policies, guidelines and processes;
- Effective reading, written and verbal communication skills as well as facilitation skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office and an understanding of the digital landscape to optimise functioning;
- Experience in competency-based interviewing;
- Experience in a job evaluation system;
- A strong client orientation with the ability to consult to varying levels of clients, from junior level up to senior management;
- Strong administrative skills with the necessary ability to excel under pressure and meet deadlines;
- The ability to think ahead and to take initiative;
- High level of confidence, assertiveness, energy and drive;
- The ability to self-manage and work independently;
- The ability to function effectively within a team;
- The ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to handle conflict.
Closing date: 17 March 2021
Commencement of duties: 1 May 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter
Enquiries regarding content: Granton Koeberg on 021 808 9611, or at az.ca.nus@notnarg
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to employment equity (EE), and appointments will be made in line with the EE plan for the specific environment as well as Stellenbosch University’s institutional EE Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 09 Mar 10:43
|R1100000 – R1200000 per year Cost to company
|E-Merge IT Recruitment
You will work in the software development team to release enterprise software products such as mobile applications and web-based tools.
Be the change you want to see. Apply now to join an exciting team of Developers who have the drive to better the world through health systems.
Reference Number for this position is DM52453 which is a permanent position based in Durban offering a cost to company salary of R1.2m per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Dominic on az.oc.egrem-e@mcinimod or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Tech stack they need:
- DevOps experience
- Docker Swarm
Posted on 09 Mar 10:16
Price: R 13 500 per month
in REXFORD, KNYSNA, WESTERN CAPE, SOUTH AFRICA
3.0 BEDROOM HOUSE TO LET IN REXFORD
Price: R 1 700 000
in MAIDSTONE, TONGAAT, KWAZULU-NATAL, SOUTH AFRICA
4.0 BEDROOM FREESTANDING FOR SALE IN MAIDSTONE
Motion Graphics Artist.
FORT is looking for an ace animator to join our team.
FORT is an award-winning, independent, modern-day studio where audiences are built, brilliant stories are told, and worlds are brought to life through film, commercials and digital content production.
You are a skilled 2D motion graphics artist/animator with strong storytelling and design capabilities, and an innate understanding of the visual language that makes for captivating infographic AVs. You are highly-skilled with Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically in After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Send your CV, a link to your portfolio, and a cover letter to email@example.com using the email subject ‘HR | FORT Motion Graphics Artist 2020’.
Posted on 08 Mar 17:00
We bring what you need together in one site. No mess no fuss just what you need.