this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
La Residence’s Guest Relations Officer needs to demonstrate the highest level of courteous and efficient service, to ensure our Guests feel welcome and that their needs will be attended to at all times during their stay. They also form strong and lasting relationships with Guests and provide information about additional hotel services and constantly strive “To give our Guests a complete experience and a perfect stay”.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deal with Guest queries (via phone, email and in person) and arrange assistance as necessary
- Provide Guests with information about attractions, facilities, services, and activities in and around Franschhoek & Stellenbosch
- Prepare for Guests’ arrival a day before the time, making note of any special requests
- Monitoring our booking system, Opera’ and manage the Guest profiles and rely and information to other departments
- Deliver day-day hotel services: wake-up calls, printing newspapers, day sheets, welcome letters, weather cards, bills etc. (and ensuring they are handled timeously and accurately)
- Managing reservations for restaurant, tours and transfers
- Answer and screen all incoming switchboard calls and deal with individual requests, messages and queries from Guests
- Liaise regularly with agents on Guest experience on property Maintain communication with all other hotel departments Assist with ad hoc duties as requested by colleagues and Management
- Daily itinerary review to ensure bookings are confirmed, preferences shared with departments and service providers
- Prepare Guest for departure, offering assistance with transport, flight confirmations, boarding passes, luggage packing and wrapping, storage, car cleaning where applicable, breakfast packs, etc.
- Recite, understand, apply and live the Purpose and Value statement.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a 5* Hotel environment.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a Front Desk role.
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management.
- Knowledge of Property Management system at Operator Level; Opera.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask with excellent time-management.
- Ability to work under pressure with strong admin skills.
- Ability to take initiative and make judgement calls.
- Ability to take the initiative and be a leader.
- Must be flexible and willing to work shifts.
The ideal candidate for the Guest Relations Officer position is one who can deliver with a passion that inspires their team.
Someone who will live the Purpose and Values of the Company and buy into our culture.
Please note: the final stage of the interview process will be a polygraph test.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of Oracle and MS SQL based solutions and systems.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
· Administration and management of databases in DEV, QA, pre-prod & production environments.
· Provide technical expertise on the installation, setup, configuration of database servers, including infrastructure
· Pro-active monitoring of databases both from a performance and capacity management perspective.
· Performance tuning and optimization of database schema, indexes, stored procedures etc.
· Perform database maintenance activities such as backup/recovery, rebuilding and reorganizing indexes.
· Ensure that all database releases are properly assessed and measured from a functionality and performance perspective.
· Ensure that all database environments are up to date with the latest service packs, patches & security fixes.
· Take ownership and ensure high quality, timely delivery of database related projects on hand.
· Collaborate with application developers and operations/support teams in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience with Microsoft database administration is an advantage
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Recognized tertiary qualification
- Certification in Oracle (OCP DBA)
Desired Skills and Qualities
Personal Attributes and Qualities
· Strong knowledge of Oracle database technologies
· Strong knowledge of SQL language and PL/SQL
· Strong knowledge of Linux and Unix operating systems and environments
· Knowledge of Oracle RAC
· Knowledge of Oracle Internet Application server and Web Logic server environments is an advantage
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server environments is an advantage
· Strong research skills
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Good at problem solving
· Ability to perform well under pressure
· Good Technical writing skills
– Matric or Equivalent qualification
– Strong sales background
– 2 to 3 years of sales experience preferably
– Basic Abrasive and Tooling experience.
– General Knowledge of sandpapers, drill bits, and tools
– Strong admin skills
– Basic computer skills. Microsoft Office experience
Sales, receiving of stock, capturing of stock, invoicing, credit notes.
Handling the branch’s cash banking.
Placing of stock orders.
Telephonic customer relations.
Follow-up on orders and outstanding sales requests.
As per code of good practice, preference will be given to designated / under-represented groups, but this does not suggest that non-designated groups will be excluded.
- To improve efficiency, reduce waste, identify and implement solutions, meet project deadlines and accurately document the necessary requirements to be done in accordance with local / global strategic planning and standards in compliance to the Company’s Integrity & Anti Bribery Codes, Conflict of Interest Policy & S.H.E.Q. requirements and to perform delegated S.H.E.Q. tasks and duties & to inform superior about deviations.
• Proficient in W3C standards
• Proficient in various SQL and NoSQL based Databased Management Systems.
• Proficient in various code management and branching strategies (Git Flow, Feature Branching).
• Proficient in Object Orientated design and programming.
• Proficient in Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate, Entity Framework)
• Ability to build Web API’s using various programming languages Node.JS/.Net (C#)
• Proficient in Domain Driven design concepts
• Proficient in rest API design standards in order to implement them in to Frontend products.
• Extensive knowledgeable and experience in DevOps principles and impact on development lifecycles
– Willingness to travel nationally and internationally and to work a 3 shift model
– Ability to perform the minimum required physical and mental requirements of the function.
Outputs – Integration into a dynamic team building next generation solutions for company globally
– Interact with different company clients, exploring and advising on possibilities and solutions that accomplish their goals
– Agility, flexibility and keen attention to detail in order to manage and advance multiple projects simultaneously.
– Attention to detail during the development and quality assurance testing of projects.
– You will be joining a team committed to working on high-quality code and will work closely with the new and legacy products to support clients
– Willing to learn new technologies, teach and share knowledge with other team members.
– Project management of all technology development initiatives
– Coach and mentoring of Software Developers and System Engineers
– Promotion of a continuous improvement culture within the team
– Adhere to all guidelines and requirements to ensure compliance standards of quality, security, extensibility etc.
– Perform all outputs in compliance with the Company’s Integrity Codes & SHEQ requirements
– Perform delegated SHEQ tasks and duties and Inform superiors about deviations
- Minimum NQF 7 – BSC/BCom/BTech in Information Technology or Information Systems Engineering or Computer Science or relevant equivalent
- Certification in Relevant programming will be advantageous
- Minimum 5 + Years’ experience years’ experience in software development (full stack with JAVA )or atleast 6 months participation on our MBSA Graduate Development Programme.
- 3-5 years’ Project Management experience advantageous
Front Counter Sales Person – Bloemfontein
Start Date : ASAP
- Grade 12 / Matric,
- Valid Code 8 drivers license
Skills and Knowledge:
- Outstanding communication skills
- Customer service orientated outlook
- PC literate with proven proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to deal with people at all levels
- Positive attitude and high energy level
- Steady and dependable under pressure
- Strong ethics and integrity
Willing to work extended working hours when required
- Telephonic orders from customers.
- Attending to walk in customers.
- Processing and invoicing of customer orders as well as from the Reps
- Packaging of orders that have been invoiced.
- Checking orders
- The handling of repairs from customers and reps, i.e. booking in and sending through to test and repair, this will also apply to the receiving of PC’S up to the technical department,
- The handling of telephonic queries and quotations that needs to be faxed or e-mailed,
- Contacting customers once repairs have been handed back to Test and Repair,
- Keeping a clean and tidy working environment at all times,
- Daily freighting of stock to customers
- Follow up on back orders.
- Receiving and receipting of monies.
- Keeping stock shelves neat and tidy at all times,
- Regular rotation of stock
- Perform a stock take monthly on the last working day,
- Any other tasks as set by Management
CV’s can be sent to email@example.com with the subject line Front Counter Sales. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 7 days.
A major pipeline that burst in Salvokop, Pretoria, on Thursday afternoon has interrupted water supply to several areas in and around the CBD, the City of Tshwane said.
“City management rushed to the site after it was alerted by the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa that a water pipe had burst,” said spokesperson Lindela Mashigo, adding thousands of kilolitres of usable and drinkable water had been lost.
To repair the pipe, the City will shut down the affected reservoir at 22:00 on Thursday.
The following areas will be affected – Sunnyside, Salvokop, Arcadia, Clydesdale and areas south of the CBD.
Health facilities, old age homes, national and provincial government departments as well as tertiary institutions, schools, embassies and hotels will also be affected.
Around 100 water tankers have been lined up and will be deployed at strategic points, in consultation with ward councillors, to supply water to consumers.
“In view of the fact that this is a major bulk line, repair work will be intense, resulting in estimated water restoration of between four and seven days,” said Mashigo.
“The City is mindful and concerned about the recurrence of the burst pipe which left residents and the business community in distress. It remains committed to resolving this looming water outage with promptness. Consumers are urged to use water sparingly.”
– Compiled by Jenna Etheridge
The South African government is planning to repatriate all South Africans from the Chinese city of Wuhan where the deadly coronavirus originated.
Also called COVID-19, the virus was first reported in Wuhan, Hubei province, in November 2019.
“The Cabinet has decided on this course of action after due consideration of the circumstances and following several requests from the families of South Africans in the city,” the Presidency said in a statement on Thursday.
It is estimated that there were 199 South Africans in Wuhan, according to the Department of International Relations and Cooperation (Dirco).
“At this stage, 132 of them have expressed the desire to be repatriated.”
The Presidency said none of the individuals had been diagnosed with the virus or exhibited any symptoms.
“Upon arrival in South Africa, they will be placed in quarantine for 21 days as an additional precautionary measure.”
The departments of health and defence will deploy healthcare personnel and supporting staff to provide assistance during the repatriation and quarantine processes.
Dirco would provide consular assistance, while the Department of Home Affairs would provide immigration services.
The social development department would offer trauma counselling and support.
Ramaphosa thanked the Chinese government and people for their assistance and support, reiterating South Africa’s confidence in China’s ability to control the outbreak of the virus “as evidenced by, among others, the commendable progress made to date”.
A senior government official with direct knowledge of high-level meetings that took place on Wednesday confirmed there were serious concerns about the plan, saying they were worried about the security risks associated with the hotel where the group would be quarantined.
Once staff have been exposed to the returnees, they will have to remain at the hotel for the entire quarantine period.
According to the official, the military plane would land at a small airstrip a short distance from the hotel. Military personnel would be called on to conduct the quarantine.
The official said residents of the area in question were also up in arms following consultations.
“They can leave the hotel at any time,” the official said. “It’s a hotel, it’s not like there are burglar bars on the windows.”
TIMELINE | How China’s new coronavirus spread
Cape Town – Proteas batsman Janneman Malan believes he has what it takes to become an all-format player for South Africa.
Malan is part of the Proteas’ 15-man squad for the upcoming ODI series against Australia.
So far, he has only made two T20I appearances to date for South Africa. Those came against Pakistan in February 2019.
Malan was also named in the Proteas’ ODI squad against England earlier this year but never got the chance to make his debut in the series which ended 1-1.
Nonetheless, the Cape Cobras batsman is optimistic that he could make his one-day debut against Australia.
“It’s very exciting to get called up and to get the opportunity to play for the squad,” Malan told Sport24 on Wednesday in the KFC Big Bucket at Newlands.
“I was with the squad against England and it’s great to be around the camp and just get the feel and value.
“It’s a good motivation to see what needs to be done to get the opportunity to play.”
Earlier this year, Janneman’s older brother, Pieter, made his international debut against England at the New Years Test at Newlands.
The 23-year-old explained that his older brother gave him advice on how to handle pressure in the middle when things get tough.
“He spoke about how it felt, the emotions he went through and he took me through the process and told me what to expect. What I took from it was that he trusted his preparation and tried to perform on the day so it’s all about preparation and backing yourself.”
Malan has made his intentions known that he just doesn’t want to be known as a limited-overs batsman.
“The ultimate goal for me is to one day be an all-format player for the Proteas,” he said.
“I’m a fan of red-ball cricket. I like the challenges up front as a opener, getting in and trying to maximize the score. I pride myself in making big hundreds, obviously you go through slumps, but it’s definitely a goal of mine to put on the whites.”
The first of three ODIs gets underway on Saturday at Boland Park (13:00).
Proteas ODI squad:
Quinton de Kock (captain), Temba Bavuma (Lions), David Miller (Dolphins), Kagiso Rabada (Lions), Andile Phehlukwayo (Dolphins), Tabraiz Shamsi (Titans), Lungi Ngidi (Titans), Beuran Hendricks (Lions), Heinrich Klaasen (Titans), Janneman Malan (Cape Cobras), Jon-Jon Smuts (Warriors), Anrich Nortje (Warriors), Lutho Sipamla (Warriors), Keshav Maharaj (Dolphins), Kyle Verreynne (Cape Cobras)
Typical conditions on board cruise ships – how air conditioning systems mix outside air with the inside air to save energy – probably contributed to passengers aboard the Diamond Princess contracting the new coronavirus, an expert says.
We bring what you need together in one site. No mess no fuss just what you need.