this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
- Ad Placed : 17 Nov 2019 15:02:02 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Western Cape
- Company : Time Personnel
Do you have experience working within the Food & Beverage Industry controlling stock, dealing with suppliers, capturing invoices and accounts working closely with the Bookkeeper? Our Client a 5-star Restaurant in Cape Town requires a well-presented candidate to form part of their high-quality team. Experience in accounts and stock take essential. Monday to Friday 9 -5 position.
Matric, relevant qualification highly advantageous
Good general knowledge of food and beverage products
Experience reconciliation of invoices, POS, petty cash & cash reconciliations
Experience with procurement and stock control
Computer literate, Word, Excel, exp accounting or stock system advantageous
Strong administration management, accurate & attention to detail essential
Reporting to Restaurant Manager
Responisble for managing supplier invoices and reconciliations
Working closely with bookkeeper with financial reporting requirements
Weekly capturing of stock on stock system
Matching and documenting sales against purchases
Assist with stock staking ensuring all stock balances
Investigating variances in stock
Accuracy and attention to details with all financials
Daily reconciliation – cash up, point of sale, petty cash
Email correspondence with suppliers
Negotiation on pricing and investigation on stock requirements
Programme new recipes into internal system
Assisting in all areas of general administration required
Ad-hoc duties required within the company
Salary: R dependent on experience
Join us on SOCIAL MEDIA or visit our WEBSITE for more information. See links below.
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on LinkedIn
Visit our Website
Are that Sales guru that has a good contact sphere within the motor and truck fleet sector? Our Client running a highly successful national concern is looking for a motivated sales consultant with an excellent track record and experience networking and selling successfully within the client sector that runs Fleets of Vehicles and Trucks.
Matric and valid driver’s license, clear credit and criminal record essential
Qualification in the Sales and/or Marketing sector is advantageous
A high command of the English language with very good communication and written skills
Very well presented at all times
Ability to travel as required by the company
Computer literate in MS Word, Excel
Achieve sales targets as per company requirements
Managing Direct Sales to clients and indirect distribution sales
Generate all quotations in your sales area
Procure relationships with Corporate Business’s, Fleet Managers, Insurance brokers, Underwriting managers, Motor and Truck Dealerships in line with company objectives
Conduct satisfactory product presentations to all levels including Director Level
Presentations on all products together with acquiring any technical knowledge to achieve this objective
Constantly aware of the competition products being offered in the market place
Product analysis against the company’s products
Compile required reports in accordance with departmental company requirements
Attend sales meetings as advised by the company
Ensure that all new customers recruited are handed over to the company Key Accounts department in a professional manner that promotes a positive image of the company
Salary: Basic salary plus Commission and Medical Aid
Join us on SOCIAL MEDIA or visit our WEBSITE for more information. See links below.
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on LinkedIn
Visit our Website
The education department said on Sunday that fake news and false media reports were hurting the debate on the Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) component of the Life Orientation curriculum.
“False reporting by some media organisations and fake news have created unnecessary confusion and anxiety among parents in particular,” said department spokesperson Elijah Mhlanga.
“The department therefore wishes to distance itself from a series of images that have been circulated on social media in recent weeks. These images are not part of the books produced by the department.”
Parent24 recently reported that parents and teachers were in uproar in recent weeks, in response to alleged updates to the CSE leaked by the African Christian Democratic Party and shared by FOR SA.
Mhlanga said members of the public had been contacting them about videos with incorrect information that were being distributed on social media.
He said social media had been an integral part of a “fake news campaign” against the department.
“[The department] is aware of a lobby group against CSE that is creating misleading social media posts and feeding the public contaminated information. One of the many images shows adults in bed with graphic details. Another piece of fake news says the department will distribute condoms with stationery in 2020. There is also a video of an individual spreading wrong and potentially harmful information.”
Parents were urged to verify with the department before trusting information published by certain organisations and individuals.
Mhlanga said the purpose of CSE was to address issues such as sexual abuse, HIV infections, pupil pregnancy, bullying and peer pressure, to help pupils stay in school until they completed Grade 12.
The department also addressed reports stating that Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga had told parents they could opt out of the current curriculum.
Mhlanga said Motshekga’s response to a Parliamentary question had meant that a parent could opt out by seeking another curriculum offered at a Cambridge or IEB school, not that they could opt out of specific sections of the curriculum.
“In other words the Minister said nothing new other than to remind of the general provisions available regarding the choice parents have when deciding on where to enrol their children,” he said.
“Parents are also free, and indeed, encouraged, to look into any aspect of what their children are taught in any subject at any time. It’s all available to them in various ways. The department has now made available all the scripted lesson plans for people to read and review.”
He said the department would continue engaging with concerned citizens who had an input to make regarding the scripted lesson plans on CSE in particular and Life Orientation in general.
Southern Africaâs leader in record storage and management solutions has an opportunity available for an Operations Supervisor in East London
- 5 years’ experience in a logistics, warehousing or distribution environment
- Logistics, warehousing or operations Qualification
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s licence
- Must be willing to work overtime
Please Note: if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Cape Town – South Africa’s Brad Binder has won the Moto2 race in Valencia and with that victory takes the runner-up spot in the championship, just three points behind Alex Marquez.
Binder, who spent much of the race in second place, made his move on the last lap, getting past Tom Luthi and winning by the narrowest of margins.
Series champion Marquez crashed out of the race while in 5th position.
Binder will now make the move to MotoGP with KTM after completing his fifth victory of the year.
The Democratic Alliance has chosen John Steenhuisen as its interim federal leader and Ivan Meyer as its interim federal chairperson during a closed federal council meeting held at the party’s headquarters in Johannesburg on Sunday.
The party’s national spokesperson Solly Malatsi confirmed this in a tweet, shortly before the two were set to address the media.
The two positions became vacant following Mmusi Maimane and Athol Trollip’s surprise resignations, three days after Helen Zille was elected as the party’s federal council chair in October. Zille replaced James Selfe, who had been in the position for nearly two decades.
Steenhuisen, the party’s current parliamentary leader was facing off against Gana, who is a Gauteng MPL for the position.
Meyer, who is deputy federal chairperson, was competing with Khume Ramulifho who is also an MPL in the Gauteng legislature and Nomafrench Mbombo, the DA Women’s Network leader and Western Cape health MEC for the position.
The two party interim leaders will hold the fort until its early congress in 2020.
A total of 160 DA council members had gathered to cast their votes. The members were made up of premiers, MECs, mayors, members of the different mayoral committees in the country as well as all national and provincial spokespersons.
The federal council is the DA’s highest decision-making body when federal congress is not in session.
More to follow.
Many people who tried going meatless one day a week to call attention to food and climate change continued after the campaign ended, a new study says.
Researchers surveyed 320 households from Bedford, New York, that took part in the town’s “Meatless Monday” campaign in 2018. For 12 weeks, participants ate no meat one day a week.
Health fell as a reason
In a survey six months later, nearly 57% of respondents said they were eating less meat than before the campaign, and more than 70% said they skip meat every Monday or at least once a week.
Nearly 70% said it was easy or very easy to cut back, and 68% said they were more committed to going meatless on one day of the week.
Respondents said the biggest challenge was friend and family preferences for and/or eating habits around meat.
Participants were also surveyed at the start and end of the campaign. In all three surveys, health was the most common reason given for eating less meat.
At the end of the 12-week campaign, health fell as a reason while climate change, the environment, energy saving and water conservation moved up.
In the six-month follow-up survey, climate and environment fell slightly as reasons for reducing meat consumption but were still higher than at the start, according to the findings.
Most effective strategies
The study was presented last week at a meeting of the American Public Health Association, in Philadelphia.
Researchers noted that Bedford, New York, has a higher education and income level than the average US community.
“As a result, the results skew toward higher awareness and smaller levels of behaviour change because they were already eating less meat,” said study author Becky Ramsing. She’s a senior programme officer at the Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future at the Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore.
“At the same time, the findings can help us understand which strategies may be most effective in building community awareness and action around food and climate,” Ramsing said in a meeting news release.
Research presented at meetings is generally considered preliminary until published in a peer-reviewed journal.
Image credit: iStock
NEXT ON HEALTH24X
Main Purpose of the Position:
- Facilitation of Teaching, Learning and Assessment of selected modules associated with institution’s accredited Higher Education Diploma programme in Business Management to students through a distance mode of delivery.
- Quality management of module(s) assigned to the incumbent
Engaging students through institutional and Internet-based online platforms to support learning and creating a sought-after student learning experience.
- Collaborate in the review, research and design of current and new academic programmes and modules.
- Actively contribute to the academic processes in Faculty
Key Performance Areas:
Academic Management and Leadership of Courses:
• Responsible for academic teaching and learning content, student support and administrative processes of selected module(s) assigned and ensuring compliance with the institution’s vision and policies.
• Module administration e.g. academic performance reporting, and other submissions as required by management and/or regulators, keeping assessment records of students, administer module evaluations and interpret such, scheduling learning activities etc.
• Collaborate with the Research and Development Department and contribute to programme/module design and development for a mixed mode of delivery, with specific reference to the integration of technology.
• Responsible for the overall quality management of the module(s) assigned.
• Continuously evaluate teaching and assessment practices against institutional policies.
• Support the Programme Manager with the resourcing of module(s) including assisting with the recruitment of tutors, coaching and mentoring of tutors and appointment of external resources such as external examiners, peer reviewers, etc.
• People and performance management of academic tutors.
• Any other duties assigned by the Programme Manager or Academic Head pertaining to the improvement of the institution’s academic offerings and/or services.
Teaching & Learning:
• Responsible for teaching and learning initiatives through the application and introduction of learning through multiple channels and running academic campaigns to facilitate student engagement and academic throughput.
• Ensure alignment between curriculum design and delivery. This includes the preparation and execution of a teaching and learning plan that adheres to the principles of constructive alignment.
• Apply innovative teaching techniques and educational technology to facilitate learning on selected modules, including the provision of academic support to students
Enhance the Student experience:
• Establish a clear engagement process with students by setting out the relevant channels and enforce student discipline and utilisation of channels.
• Engagement with students through institutional platforms, to support individual learning.
• Optimise the utilisation of our system and other appropriate educational technology and tools to enhance student learning experiences.
• Resolving academic queries efficiently and effectively, identifying trends and incorporate appropriate responses into the learning process.
• Facilitate continuous engagement with students, identify areas for improvement, support and recognise academic achievement.
Academic citizenship / Community Engagement:
• Contribute actively in various activities and membership of institutional committees and structures.
• Engage externally with peers and industry bodies and incorporate industry developments into learning processes and practices.
• Integrate societal issues into the curriculum and teaching and learning and identify initiatives to address community needs.
• Participate in Faculty research activities and share research findings with academic peers to facilitate collaborative learning and knowledge expansion.
• Integrate research findings and learnings from published research into the curriculum and teaching practice
• Contribution to the bodies of knowledge associated with the incumbent’s field of expertise and related disciplines as well as the Distance Learning phenomenon
Internal: Student Enrolment team, Student Services and Administration, Academic peers, Marketing, Logistics
• External: Students, Industry, Regulators, Academic Peers and Consultants
• Being available on our online portal and/or other lecturing channels, during peak times usually nights and weekends before assignment submission and examinations is an essential requirement to support interfaces.
Education and Qualification:
- Qualification and experience requirements to meet one of the following:
- An Honours degree in the field of Management and Business Sciences, with Business Management as a major subject during under-graduate studies, PLUS two years teaching/lecturing experience at post-school level; or
- Bachelor’s degree with at least one major in Business Management and either Economics, Information Systems, Statistics or Quantitative Modelling plus a relevant teaching qualification at NQF 7, PLUS three years teaching/lecturing experience at post-school level; or
- A three-year diploma in Business Management plus a relevant teaching qualification at NQF 7, PLUS five years teaching/lecturing experience at post-school level.
- In addition to one of the above, certification or qualification(s) in assessment practices and moderation will be an added advantage.
Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) has exciting opportunities in our Marketing department. We are looking for a talented individual with relevant skills and experience for a Merchandiser Supervisor, which is based in Bloemfontein.The successful candidate will report directly to the Regional Sales Coach.KEY PURPOSETo supervise the in store Merchandisers to ensure that they conduct full merchandising activities within allocated time in allocated stores that includes executing the Look of Success, planograms and promotions, managing equipment appearance and product quality through effective storeroom management and TPM standards, eliminating out of stocks by ensuring accurate stock quantities and keeping allocated space well stocked at all times.
We bring what you need together in one site. No mess no fuss just what you need.