|Company:||Weylandts Home Outfitters|
Receiving and inspection of goods from suppliers and Weylandts Stores within the company.
This is a permanent position.
- Assist in the offloading of containers on a day-to-day basis.
- Receiving of goods from Suppliers or Weylandt Stores against the correct paperwork.
- Ensure all products are labeled and inspected to make sure it corresponds to the specific product being received against the following information or product characteristics Re: Code, Description, Color, Product release information and QTY.
- Ensure all goods are packed / wrapped correctly to prevent damages.
- Assist Team Leader with re-organizing and moving of stock.
- Ensure that the housekeeping within the receiving area is always kept in neat and tidy condition.
- Report any damages, problems or concerns relating to stock or within the Receiving facility to your Team Leader/ immediate Supervisor.
- Always ensure a high standard of Customer Service (both internal and external) by providing an excellent service in the receiving area.
- Assist other departments where needed and requested by Team Leader/ immediate Supervisor.
- Compliance with all Health and Safety Rules and Regulations, ensuring that any areas of concern are notified to your Team Leader / Supervisor.
Education level/qualifications required
- One to two years functional working experience in the same or a similar field.
- You will be physically fit and must be able to move and lift heavy furniture.
- Assembling skill/experience will be an advantage.
- Sound product knowledge of Weylandts products, including how goods are manufactured, material and processes used.
- As well as technical skills required above, the employee must be able to plan and organise workload.
- The individual must be able to take initiative, have excellent technical skills and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Taking ownership for the position, he/she must demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude be a team player, show initiative and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- The incumbent must also be able to work under pressure and be willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Posted on 02 Mar 16:46
Are you passionate about animals? Are you looking for a rewarding career that doesn’t come with a corporate suit and tie? If you thrive under pressure and are keen to make a difference then you may be the right person to join TEARS Animal Rescue’s dynamic but small fundraising and marketing team. Leading animal rescue, rehabilitation, and rehoming non-profit organization, TEARS Animal Rescue is looking for a Fundraising and Marketing Account Executive to join our team. The Account Executive supports the work of the Marketing and Fundraising Director, acts as a key contact point for donors and suppliers, and co-ordinates the print, data and production of donor and direct marketing and fundraising campaigns. Please note this is an agency entry level role. You should have excellent attention to detail, be computer-literate with excellent writing and numeracy skills. You should have a clear understanding of direct marketing and be comfortable dealing with data and databases. While this is an agency entry level role, experience working in a marketing agency role or in a fundraising environment would be a distinct advantage. To do this, you will:
- Support the marketing and fundraising team
- Ensure marketing and fundraising collateral is up to date
- Maintain and manage the TEARS donor database
- Ensure that the Fundraising contact and communication plan is implemented on time and relevant stakeholders are briefed
- Seek to grow the existing B2B donor base
- Build relationships with new and established donors and Foundations to drive fundraising goals and meet growth goals.
- Donor retention and extension is an important aspect of the job. Oversee post donation communication and maintain back-end copy to encourage a legacy of giving and maintain a long-term association.
- Research and understand fundraising and CSI drivers
- Monitor current trends within the non-profit and fundraising sectors
- Compile weekly reports on DEVMAN (donor-management system) to share with key internal stakeholders and identify areas of opportunity or risk
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary education in Marketing/PR/Sales
- SA driver’s license and own vehicle
- Information management on an online CRM tool
- Excel and excellent writing skills
- Strong research and communication skills
- Planning and organizing
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- A passion for animals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and problem-solver.
- Good attention to detail and strong time management and organisational skills.
- Comfortable working under pressure and to deadline.
- Direct Marketing and Social Media experience a bonus
(blogging/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn is essential) Send a covering letter and your CV to target=”_blank Closing date for applications: 15 March 2021 If you have not heard back from us within 14 days your application has not been successful.
Posted on 02 Mar 16:09
Bizcommunity.com is South Africa’s leading business-to-business online industry news publisher, with an audience of 370,000 multi-industry professionals who stay informed and publish corporate content across 18 sectors of the economy.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a junior to mid-level online editorial assistant to join the content team at Bizcommunity. This position is available in Johannesburg.
- Assist the editors in processing copy – fact-checking, sub-editing, proofreading
- Upload subbed copy onto the content management system in a timely manner
- Produce unique, original editorial content – including news articles, event coverage, features and interviews
- Assist in compiling and proofing daily, weekly and special newsletters
- Attend, cover and network at relevant industry events
- Represent Bizcommunity favourably at industry events
- Journalism/language/communication studies
- 1-2 years of experience in an online publishing environment
- Computer literate
- Strong writing skills and a meticulous eye for spelling and grammar
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Basic image editing experience
- Comfortable posting and interacting on social media
- An interest in the local creative industries – marketing, advertising, media and PR
- An interest in business news media
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Enjoy reading and writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Good people skills
- Work well individually and within a team
- Be self-motivated, disciplined and conscientious
To apply, email your 1-page CV, a brief cover letter (200 words max) and 2 examples of your writing to email@example.com with #EDITORIALASSISTANT in the email subject line.
All potential candidates will be required to write a test based on various aspects of the position. Only Johannesburg-based applicants will be considered. Note, you may be required to offer further support to the company from time to time.
If you have not received a reply within one month of applying, you have unfortunately not been considered for the position.
Posted on 02 Mar 14:23
Reporter Lindsay Dentlinger was conducting interviews during the Budget Speech at the time of the incident.
Lubabalo Lesolle/Gallo Images
- eNCA reporter Lindsay Dentlinger has apologised for the masks debacle.
- She claimed she was not a racist as many were claiming.
- Dentlinger promised to give eNCA space to conclude its investigation.
eNCA reporter Lindsay Dentlinger has apologised for the disrespect caused by the masks furore.
Dentlinger has been in the news after being accused of being a racist.
She was accused of interviewing white people without masks while asking black people to wear one.
Dentlinger has disputed the claims.
“I totally acknowledge the outrage and I apologise for the disrespect it has caused to people who don’t deserve to be drawn into this.”
She said she would give her employer space to conclude the investigation into the matter.
This debate has been on a premise that I am white because it is perceived that I am white. Does my apology need to change anyway if we correct the facts before I can make an apology?
“I felt awful from how this is perceived and what the country believes to be a true reflection of who I am as a journalist. I do acknowledge how it is portrayed. I am being portrayed as to not speaking to any black unless he is wearing a mask.”
Dentlinger claimed the incidents were not isolated and said this happened between October 2020 and last week, in different locations.
“People don’t want to hear that it was an oversight for me not to ask [FF Plus leader Pieter] Groenewald not to wear a mask. He was my first interviewee. Things are working differently in this time of Covid-19.
“Normally, I would have producers with me who would grab interviewees and make sure they are prepared for broadcast. Groenewald didn’t have a mask on [him in person] before I started interviewing him.
“My gut instinct is to ask precise question and get answers viewers want to hear. My first instinct was not check or to think that he was not wearing his mask,” she said.
“Did I err in not following company policy in that moment? Yes, I did. When I turned around [UDM MP Nqabayomzi] Kwankwa was coming down the steps wearing his mask and that triggered me to ask him to [keep on] wearing his mask. I was acting as a journalist first.”
Dentlinger added she did not ask Kwankwa to wear a mask because of the colour of his skin.
“I acknowledge the outraged and I called Kwankwa and [IFP MP Mkhuleko] Hlengwa and apologised to them. I didn’t mean to disrespect them. I have been called out to acknowledge my unconscious bias. What about the unconscious bias of people who have based this entire furore on the fact that they perceived me to [be] white and therefore I was acting in a racist manner.
“The bias goes all ways. I totally acknowledge it is outrageous and the outrage it has caused and what it looked like,” she said.
eNCA’s managing director, Norman Munzhelele, said the company did not exist in a vacuum, but existed in a society and had to contribute towards building this country.
“We had to look at all the facts and be able to make a determination. We are not being defensive. We are accountable to the people and accountable to our audience. The statement [issued earlier] could have been better. We could have finalised our investigation quicker and be able to issue a statement.
“I take accountability. It is a lesson and we will do better next time. It is unfortunate that Sanef has not called me to deal with this issue. I will reach out to Sanef and will have a discussion about what happened and take it from there,” Munzhelele added.
Meanwhile, the UDM is taking the matter to the SA Human Rights Commission and the IFP has refused to being interviewed by eNCA and has escalated the matter to the Broadcasting Complaints Commission of SA.
ANC members are expected to protest outside eNCA offices on Wednesday.
Do you want to know more about this topic? Sign up for one of News24’s 33 newsletters to receive the information you want in your inbox. Special newsletters are available to subscribers.
Price: R 7 000
in PIETERMARITZBURG, KWAZULU-NATAL, SOUTH AFRICA
MEDICAL SUITE COMMERCIAL TO LET IN PIETERMARITZBURG CENTRAL
|Commercial Property Rooms to let in Central Pietermaritzburg. This is in a medical centre, so the perfect fit would have to be in a similar industry. 2 Rooms to let, along with a large, shared kitchen. A shared reception area with seating available. Parking in the front of the property, as well as the back. Available at the beginning of April 2021. Please contact Caryn on 082 923 3414 for viewing.
- Bedrooms: 2.0
- Bathrooms: 2.0
- Building Size: 138
- Erf Size 381
- Garages: 0.0
- Carports/Parking Bays: 2.0
- Pool: No
- Exterior Wall:
- Domestic Accommodation: 0.0
- Flatlet: 1.0
SOLE MANDATE A superb home situated in the very popular neighbourhood of Little Mowbray. This recently renovated corner stand property offers beautiful open plan living space. A cosy lounge, with a welcoming wood combustion fireplace, classic glass-stained windows and dining room opening out to an entertainment patio and sunny indigenous, bird-friendly garden. The modernised kitchen comes with a Smeg oven and five-burner gas hob. Large master bedroom en-suite, with a wood burning fireplace and large second bedroom that looks onto the garden. A second bathroom with natural stone tilling leads off the open space living. There is an outside, spacious studio flatlet, with kitchenette fitted with a built-in oven and stove top that could be used to generate income/dual living or as a home office/teenage pad. This property comes with two off-street parking spaces behind a remote-controlled gate, very good security features including an alarm, burglar bars and electric fence. Close to sought-after schools. Call now to arrange your private viewing! The suburb boasts good security thanks to a Little Mowbray Rosebank Improvement District (LMRID) vehicle that patrols the neighbourhood 24/7. Little Mowbray is ideally located with quick access to the City Bowl or Southern Suburbs via the N2, UCT, a number of hospitals, the airport, outstanding schools and many sports and leisure amenities. Features:
Open plan living and dining
Wood burning combustion fireplace
Open plan fitted kitchen, with plumbing for two appliances
JoJo water tank
Outside Flatlet, separate shower, toilet and two entrances, fitted kitchenette
Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma Nkosazana has been granted leave to appeal the Western Cape High Court’s ruling on tobacco sales ban.
The Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (COGTA) Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma has been granted leave to appeal the Western Cape High Court’s ruling that said her decision to ban the sale of tobacco for five months during the hard lockdown was unnecessary and unconstitutional, the Mail & Guardian reported on Monday.
The ban was put in place to curb the spread of the Covid-19 and thus reduce the occupation of intensive care unit (ICU) beds by smokers. The government argued then that smoking increased the risk of getting Covid-19 in a more severe form.
Although the ban was lifted months ago, it seems that the legal tussle around it cannot be put to bed.
Represented by Dlamini-Zuma and President Cyril Ramaphosa and the National Coronavirus Command Council, applied for leave to appeal the ruling in January even though the issue of the sales ban was no longer relevant at that stage and neither was government looking to reintroduce the sales ban.
The Council and British American Tobacco South Africa’s (BATSA) respective arguments for and against the appeal were heard virtually in mid-February.
The Western Cape High Court’s ruling was arguably humiliating to Dlamini-Zuma who had scored a victory over an earlier challenge of the ban brought by Fair Trade Independent Tobacco Association (Fita).
Fin24 previously reported that even though the government’s legal challenge was not motivated by any plans to reintroduce a cigarette ban, there were “certain constitutional issues” raised in the BATSA ruling that needed to be addressed and clarified by a higher court.
The government believed that there was a reasonable prospect that if the appeal was allowed, the Supreme Court of Appeal would clear the conflicts between certain aspects in the Fita case that was dismissed by the High Court in Pretoria and the BATSA case which was upheld by the Western Cape High Court.
Tobacco giant the BATSA, which took the COGTA to Court in May and eventually scored a victory in December, said it will publish a statement on Tuesday to respond to the latest development.
Patrice Motsepe (Gallo Images)
FIFA have asked three candidates to back South Africa’s Patrice Motsepe in the up-coming Confederation of African Football (CAF) presidential election, a source close to one of the candidates told AFP.
The previous incumbent Ahmad Ahmad was banned for breaches of FIFA’s ethical code, but has had the ban suspended by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
World body FIFA are keen for a fresh start in Africa, the source said.
Motsepe is a South African mining billionaire and owner of reigning domestic champions Mamelodi Sundowns.
According to the source, Augustin Senghor of Senegal and Ahmed Yahya of Mauritania are open to the idea of backing Motsepe and becoming vice-presidents themselves.
Jacques Anouma of Ivory Coast would be offered a roll as advisor to Motsepe.
“Motsepe is FIFA’s preferred candidate, they want someone new and not implicated in the former presidency,” the source said.
“They want a better image so they can attract investors and sponsors.”
FIFA have yet to reply to AFP’s request for comments.
The CAF Presidential election is scheduled to be held in Rabat, Morocco on 12 March..
We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can
trust. For only R75 per month, you have access to
a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism,
top opinions and a range of features. Journalism
strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today.
|Remuneration:||R23000 – R25000 per month Basic salary|
Top opportunity exists with great vibes creative agency.
Successful candidates must hold the following:
- BA fine arts qualification or similar design qualification
- Min five years mid – senior conceptual design exp
- Lead, motivate & inspire a team
- Have a strong and creative portfolio to showcase and blow our sox off!
- Fully Mac literate, this job would be suited to a designer/Art Director
Apply integrated thinking:
- Makes appropriate decisions based on relevant information
- Finds the root causes of problems
- Builds recommendations carefully and systematically
Identifies and solves problems:
- Identifies and addresses problems quickly
- Resolves problems systematically
- Open to and supportive of innovative ideas communicated by others
- Identifies the need for changes within a product or service
You will be required to translate defined learning programmes into brand aligned, consistent, effective and relevant visual formats. To demonstrate personal mastery in application of this skill by delivering on time and in budget.
When submitting your CV to our offices, please send a link to your portfolio, or if your file is larger than 10 megs, send it via yousendit.com or we transfer, its free, effective and super fast!
Posted on 01 Mar 16:41
|Location:||Cape Town CBD|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
Our Finance Team is looking for a trustworthy, innovative and passionate maternity cover for a Financial Manager who is able to assist with technical accounting, management reporting, audit completion and the preparation of financial statements.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to align with the company culture, work well within a team, be self-motivated and actively involved in overseeing the end to end process in the applicable area of responsibility. In addition, the successful candidate should have the high energy levels required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate and complete reporting in the Annual Financial Statements and management accounts, including the Group consolidations. This is done through a combined role of review and feedback as well as preparing reporting.
- Assist other team members with any technical accounting queries they may have, ensuring they gain learning from the interaction in order to support their own professional development.
- Prepare technical accounting position papers and assist with the roll-out of new accounting standards.
- Determine the requirement for and the value of technical accounting journals.
- Assist in preparing month-end and year-end financial accounts and reports.
- Assist in accumulating and analysing information needed to ensure the requirements for these reports are met and information is ready on time.
- Assist with the year-end audit as required.
- Assist in interrogating GL accounts on the instruction of the CFO This will include:
- Interrogating and reconciling SAGE and merchandising data
- Collaborating with non-finance team members to better understand the data and their needs for it.
- Prepare user friendly reports according to the needs of users
- When required explain the reports to other team members.
- Suggest accounting journals based on the interrogation (where required)
- Prepare store finance models.
- Report on budget vs actual performance, providing commentary and examples when required for the fluctuations.
- Assist in the preparation of Income tax calculations.
- Review the monthly VAT calculations and submissions.
Key Focus Areas:
- Accurate preparation of management accounts and reporting
- Actively contribute to the development and growth of other team members
- Preparation and implementation of technical accounting papers and presentations
- Manage the process surrounding the preparation of the annual financial statements, including a consolidation.
- Support the external audit process.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified CA(SA)
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Should show an aptitude for mastering new IT systems.
- Good articulation with excellent English written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage their own time
- Strong communication skills
- Able to play a role in developing junior team members
- Be able to work well in a team and collaborate with others
- Methodical, detail-orientated and accurate
- Deadline and outcomes focused
- Ability to prioritize, manage your time, maintain high levels of drive & initiative while under pressure
- Ability to resolve problems and conflict
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Strong planning, organizing and coordinating skills
Posted on 01 Mar 15:01
We bring what you need together in one site. No mess no fuss just what you need.