|Remuneration:||R900000 – R950000 per year|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
A company dominating the payment space in SA is looking for a senior C# Developer to join their team of IT experts.
You will get exposure eCommerce and instore transaction. Offering exposure to complex projects, Flexi-hours, Biannual increases, and daily lunches
Reference number for this position is RS48630 which is a permanent position based in Cape Town offering a cost to company salary of R950,000 negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Rylene on az.oc.egrem-e@senelyr or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT Recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
- Candidates are required to have seven years’ experience in C#, with three years’ exclusively in Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban. Other areas of expertise include:
- Experience using dependency injections, mocking and unit testing is a must !
- Dependency Injections
- Unit Testing
- BSc Degree in Computer science
Posted on 19 Oct 17:41
|Company:||Business IQ Consulting|
A Commercial Attorney Practice in Pretoria, Erasmusrand is looking for a paralegal/legal assistant to support their team of lawyers.
- Research of legal aspects required by the firm;
- Drafting /typing of contracts, opinions, memoranda and pleadings;
- Administration of files and general secretarial duties;
- Keep up to date with changes in the legal field; and
- Assist with the service delivery in all aspects to the firm’s customers and to ensure the satisfactory outcome of all matters where the firm is involved.
Knowledge and competencies:
- Familiar with court processes and terminology
- General legal knowledge
- Fast and accurate typing
- Attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills (planning and organising)
- Ability to work in high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Matric and Paralegal diploma
- Previous experience in commercial law will be advantageous
- Computer literate (MS Office, Excel, power point)
- Knowledge of LexisNexis and LegalSuite will be advantageous
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Fully bilingual in both Afrikaans and English
Salary will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
Posted on 19 Oct 15:33
|Job level:||Management Snr|
Edward Snell & Co. (Pty) Ltd was founded in 1848, and is currently the largest privately owned spirits business in South Africa. The company not only bottles, markets and distributes its own brands but a great work ethic, integrity and the personal touch have led to long-standing and well-trusted relationships with some of the most successful spirit brands in the world.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the National On-Trade Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining a high performance sales organization in the On Trade nationally. You will need to demonstrate the ability to professionally develop and coach teams, strategy development, project management skills, problem solving, change management skills, the ability to present information both verbally and in writing, exceptional negotiation skills, the ability to build positive working relationships both internally and externally.
Key deliverables will be:
- Developing effective sales strategies for the On Trade market
- Developing competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization.
- Delivering against set VMAPP standard measures
- Providing leadership through the effective communication of a vision and active coaching and development, while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct course when necessary.
- Re-engineering or creating new processes and systems to overcome obstacles in meeting objectives
- Partnering with the Manager: Corporate and Strategic Accounts to develop and manage excellent customer relationships
- Accurately analysing the market and reporting on market conditions in South Africa
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts for the on trade base
- Identifying and managing Key Accounts and Regional Group outlets
- Developing campaign and activity calendars by account
- Timeously completing and submitting campaign feedback reports
- Negotiating and timeously renewing Trade Exchange Agreements for National Key and Group Accounts.
- Hiring, inducting, training, developing and retaining sales staff
To qualify, you will need:
- A BCom degree in Business, or similar
- At least five to eight years in a Senior Sales Management role, with proven knowledge and expertise in the On Trade
- Knowledge of the liquor market (Solid FMCG experience in the On Trade would be considered.)
- Proven ability to build, develop, lead and manage a high performance sales team
- To be able to travel extensively and work after hours
A highly competitive package is available
Posted on 19 Oct 14:55
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, South End|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Boomtown is looking for a creative art director who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and loves the challenge of discovering what makes consumers “click” to join our dynamic, agile and solutions-driven team in Port Elizabeth. You will cooperate with a design-savvy team to devise an overall concept. Design capability is a plus.
The goal is to translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive campaigns that stimulate targeted audiences.
- Strong conceptual big idea thinker
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the copywriter/creative teams
- Produce sketches, storyboards roughs to visualise ideas
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide directions
- Present completed ideas to clients/team members
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
Our cultural roots and deep, on-the-ground market immersion ensures we deliver relevant creative solutions, understanding the people who make up South Africa’s main market, and connecting your brand with their hearts and buying behaviours.
Our strength lies in positioning global brands into Africa, as well as taking South African brands to the broader African market. We do this by creating standout brand presence through a deep on-the-ground cultural connection to the right market and its local catalysts.
At Boomtown, we see the power of people. Our people are the most valuable part of our business. They are insightful, world-class, creative, multidisciplinary, authentic and professional. We see all that they can be and endeavor to provide the best environment for them to thrive in.
See yourself fitting in?
Get in touch.
- Proven working experience as Art Director; minimum six years of experience in agency required
- Hands-on experience with logo design, typography, colour, web layout design, print production, image selection and package design
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Relevant education or training a plus
- Ability to be permanently based in Port Elizabeth is non-negotiable.
- Candidates who can start immediately will receive preference. There will be consideration Jan/Feb 2021 start.
Posted on 19 Oct 13:07
Just over 20 years ago, people from three generations of an American family were referred to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Washington DC with an unknown disease.
They were ten to 82 years old and had symptoms including monthly episodes of unexplained high fevers (up to 41 degrees celsius), lasting two to seven days.
The symptoms, which they’d had since shortly after birth, seemed like an inflammatory reaction. However, doctors could not trace the episodes to an infection.
We now know these symptoms are typical of autoinflammatory diseases – rare conditions with seemingly unprovoked episodes of fever and inflammation.
Because the inflammatory episodes occur regularly, the diseases are also known as “periodic fever syndromes”. In addition to being painful and debilitating, some of the conditions can damage vital organs, such as the heart and lungs.
What causes autoinflammatory disease?
The innate immune system is a hard-wired response that can quickly mobilise to fight foreign invaders. Among its many roles is the release of cytokines.
These are immune messengers critical for alerting and recruiting other cells to the fight, increasing blood circulation and inducing fever. More about cytokines later.
However, in autoinflammatory diseases, invading microbes don’t cause the fever and inflammation. Instead, genetic changes (mutations) lead to the innate immune system being activated for what appears to be no reason, causing uncontrolled inflammation.Autoinflammatory diseases typically begin in childhood, often from birth, and are lifelong conditions. The genetic mutations can be passed from parents to their children, leading to multiple cases of disease in an extended family.
Autoinflammatory diseases are different from autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, which are caused by defects in the adaptive immune system, a different arm of the immune response.
There are a number of different autoinflammatory diseases, often caused by different genetic mutations.
How do we treat autoinflammatory disease?
Autoinflammatory diseases cannot be cured, and treatment is usually to relieve symptoms during an attack. Patients are often treated with high doses of corticosteroids, a broad-brush approach to suppress the immune system.
Autoinflammatory diseases are also quite rare, which in the past has made it difficult to develop specific treatments.
Because autoinflammatory diseases are typically associated with excess production of cytokines, they are sometimes treated with so-called biologics – antibodies that mop up these excess cytokines.
Without knowing the cause of an inflammatory disease, treatment is a trial and error process; a drug that works for one person may not work for another.
Can genetic testing help?
The discovery of mutations in genes causing autoinflammatory diseases has led to the development of genetic tests to help diagnosis.
However, some people with autoinflammatory disease do not have a change in one of the known disease-causing genes.
So our researchers have established the Australian Autoinflammatory Disease Registry to help identify other genetic causes of autoinflammatory diseases.
How we found out about the underlying mechanism
While the NIH researchers were looking for a cause of the American family’s disease, another strand of the story was playing out in Australia.
We were looking at the role of the master cytokine TNF, which controls many aspects of the body’s inflammatory response, and its partner RIPK1.
Usually, the body has many checks and balances to ensure these molecules are tightly controlled.
But we worked with the US scientists who found a critical mutation in the gene coding for RIPK1. We found this mutation, leading to changes in just one amino acid, was enough to supercharge its partner TNF into an elite killer.
This is what triggered the uncontrolled inflammation behind the American family’s disease.
Our team named this condition CRIA syndrome (cleavage-resistant RIPK1-induced autoinflammatory syndrome).
So what does this mean?
Understanding the molecular mechanism by which CRIA syndrome causes inflammation gives us an opportunity to get to the root of the problem, and to offer an alternative to existing treatments.
For this American family, treatment with an agent that inhibits the faulty RIPK1 might be a tailored option.
Lastly, the discovery of CRIA syndrome now confirms RIPK1 can play an important role in regulating inflammation in humans. So it may also play a role in far more common human illnesses, such as colitis (inflammation of the colon), rheumatoid arthritis and the skin condition psoriasis.
John Silke, Leader, Infection, Inflammation and Immunity theme, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute and Najoua Lalaoui, Postdoctoral research fellow, Inflammation Division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute
- Ad Placed : 19 Oct 2020 12:15:56
- Remuneration : R 4000 – R 4000 – PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Contract
- Employment Level : Unskilled
- Industry :
- Region : Western Cape
- Company : L3A (Pty) Ltd
LEARNERSHIP OPPORTUNITY exist for PERSONS WITH DISABILITY – based in CAPE TOWN & DURBAN!! R4 000 stipend per month Looking for persons with disability with the following: Currently unemployed Matric or equivalent NQF level Good communication and written skills in English Available immediately to start 12 months learnership in October 2020 Medical certificate confirming disability Please email expression of interest or cv to: applications@L3A.co.za
To Apply for this Job,
Our client is looking for an F&I Manager for their Dealership in Klerksdorp
Selling of Value Added Products (VAPS)
Loading of deals
Applications for client
Verifying client &income
Calculating average income
Motivating deals for approval
Relaying outcomes from the banks to the customer and sales executive
Negotiating rate approval
Drawing up contracts
Making sure all docs are prepared correct and timeously
Keen understanding of documentation of various banks i.e. Wesbank, Standard Bank, ABSA, Nedbank (MFC) and African Bank
Signing up bank contracts and explaining bank docs, FAIS & FICA compliant
Selling shortfall insurance and ensure correct loading of policies with underwriters i.e. Credit life & Top-up
Arranging client’s vehicle insurance
Increase the second gross to increase APU
Paying out deals – obtain remittances timeously to decrease cash outstanding & maintain company cash flow
Archiving deal with relevant banks
Submitting original files and NATIS to relevant banks to eliminate risk
Swing pre-approved finance to in-house to generate DIC
Maintain market share with joint ventures
Attending to debtors Desired Experience
& Qualification Matric
Own NCA Card & Accreditation
Full FETC Insurance Qualification Fais Credits – 140 Previous F&I experience is required
To Apply for this Job,
Our client is seeking a Customer Manager to join their team
Open position : Customer Manager
Location : Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related with full benefits
Reporting to : National Sales & Marketing Manager
Job requirements :
-Minimum: Tertiary Qualification – National Higher Diploma or Degree, preferably a Sales / Marketing or Business Studies
– High level of computer literacy (MS Office)
– Valid Driver’s Licence and own vehicle
– Minimum 10 years’ experience in OEM automotive environment
– Experienced team leader
– Good communication and interpersonal skills
– Numeracy and analytical skills
– Good planning and project management skills
– Technical paint knowledge would be a distinct advantage
– Show perseverance and innovation
– Strategic thinker
– Ability to work under pressure
– Must be able to work independently and take initiative
– Attention to detail
– Must have excellent people skills and networking ability
– Promote Company’s Core Operating Principles of Safety and Health, Environmental Stewardship, Highest Ethical Behavior and Respect for People throughout the company
– Manage the on-site team activities to meet and exceed customer expectations
– Coordinate local and global resources for the customer
– Lead the on-site team for problem solving and improvement activities
– Ensure pro-active communication with the customer at all levels
– Coach, train and develop on-site team
Should you meet the above job requirements please email your CV to email@example.com
Please add “Customer Manager” into the subject line of your email.
No reply after 2 weeks indicates that you have been unsuccessful.
André Pienaar, the man accused of inciting violence at the Senekal Magistrate’s Court following the appearance of two men charged in connection with the murder of Brendin Horner, has been granted bail.
Pienaar, a local from Senekal was granted R15 000 bail by the Free State High Court in Bloemfontein.
The judgment was handed down on Monday following an appeal that Pienaar lodged after the Senekal Magistrate’s Court, which dismissed his bail application last week.
Magistrate Buti Mlangeni previously found that Pienaar, if released on bail, would likely interfere with witnesses and would jeopardise the administration of justice, and that his release would cause public outcry.
However, Pienaar argued that the lower court erred in making pronouncements about his guilt.
The 51-year-old faces charges of incitement of violence, public violence and attempted murder, following the unrest at the Senekal Magistrate’s Court on 6 October.
Pienaar and a small group of protesters allegedly stormed the court buildings in an alleged attempt to get to the men accused of murdering Horner, whose body was found on a farm in Paul Roux in the Free State on 2 October.
During the fracas, a police vehicle was overturned and allegedly set alight.
It is further alleged that protesters tried to set the holding cells alight.
Two gunshots were also fired as the protesters entered the court buildings but there is no evidence to show who fired the shots.
This is a developing story.
Did you know you can comment on this article? Subscribe to News24 and add your voice to the conversation.
We bring what you need together in one site. No mess no fuss just what you need.